What is the power budget feature?
This feature allows a certain amount of power to be used when transmitting, so if the conditions are not so great and the tracker has to use a lot of power to transmit it will ignore the location update and try again later if the conditions are better. Examples of where this will be useful are:
1) In very low signal areas i.e. underground parking, rural areas
2) If the tracker is in a metal container i.e. delivery vehicle, cargo ship
3) For any other scenario where the tracker uses too much time for a single transmission.
How do I apply the power budget feature?
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Advanced Settings - Change at your own risk'.
More advanced settings will appear.
4. Go to 'Power Budget' and enable the power power budget feature so that the toggle is orange.
5. After enabling power budgeting the 'Budget Mode' option will appear. Upon pressing the drop down arrow, a box will appear, here you have to set your preferred mode.
The percentages show how many location updates might be dropped in average conditions.